Once again, another long gap between postings, I'm sorry. I suffer with depression, and there are periods of time when I just can't face doing... well, anything much at all, really! I'm really trying to kick it, but it keeps returning. Getting out with the camera helps sometimes, but this is easier said than done, as being a single parent means that I can't often be out for sunrise or sunset, my favourite times to take photos.
Having said that, things have picked up for me photo-wise over the past fortnight. I've made the most of the rare times I've had to myself. I took a long walk up on the cliffs (Old Harry Rocks) one afternoon, and tried out my new ND10 filter. I also got up at 4.30 one morning and my lovely Dad gave me a lift to Studland beach, so I was there for sunrise.
A friend talked me into uploading to Flickr again - I've been uploading one photo per day for a week, and have had six of the seven featured in Explore, with three on the front page! Here's a link to my Photostream in case anyone's interested.
In addition to that, I opened Digital Photographer Enthusiast magazine a couple of days ago, and was surprised / delighted to find some of my photos in print - two double page spreads:
So - I'm now going to make a big effort to get working, and submit my final assignment for this module. I've got lots of ideas, it's just finding the time to complete the work that will be the hard bit! :)


Well done with the magazine Becky, hopefully its given you a well deserved boost x
ReplyDeleteGood Luck Becky!! Great to see you posting again and great news on the magazine spread.
ReplyDeleteFP
Thanks both. :)
ReplyDeleteGood to see you back. And congratulations from me too on your successes - well done!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to see you back Becky You are very talented and produce wonderful images. I'm not surprised at all that you're now featured in magazines and appearing on Explore. I think you have a lot of courage and determination.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much everyone!
ReplyDelete