I'm very excited to be going to see the 2010 'Landscape Photographer of the Year' exhibition in the National Theatre, London, tomorrow. You can see the winning images here. The winning entry, of Corfe Castle in Dorset, was taken by Antony Spencer, whose Photostream I have followed on Flickr for a couple of years. I'd rate him as one of my very favourite photographers!
It's great to see a scene local to me win the competition. It's even better to see Antony win. Ever since I first saw his work, a few years ago, I have admired it. His winning shot has a lovely, natural composition and beautiful tones and colours.
I think I've mentioned before that my ambition is to have a photograph shortlisted in this prestigious competition. In order to have a chance, of course, I have to enter, which I will definitely be doing this year. The standard is incredibly high, and I'm not naive enough to think that I have much of a chance - but I suppose it's like the lottery - you have to be 'in it to win it'!
No comments:
Post a Comment